As you begin your homebuying journey, it's important to understand the local market so that you can make informed decisions and know what to expect. We've gathered data for north Texas (as of June 2018) as well as insights from our local buying agents to help you get a better understanding of the current real estate market in the area.
Average days on market - 33
Median sales price - $273,000
Properties sold - 10,754
Properties pending sale - 10,988
Active for sale properties - 24,714
*Info found via North Texas Real Estate Information Systems, Inc. (NTREIS)
Here is some insight we gathered on the market from a few of our Dallas Open Listings buying agents:
- Buyers hardly or never remove contingencies from their offers.
- New construction sales are growing faster.
- Schools are a big deal for buyers in Dallas.
- Multiple offer situations arise for properties that fall in the $250k -$350k price range.
- Buyers want properties that are already remodeled.